Monday, June 8, 2015

Bellingham Art Walk




On June 5th 2015 I went out to look at the local art in my town it's called "Bellingham Art Walk" and I had a great time. The first place I went was "Make Shift Art Gallery" and their main attraction, was an exhibit and style experience it featured art work by Aaron Brick, Ciara Sana, Gigi Daven, Karie Jane, Pandora Sweet, Rhiannon Rosenbaum, Steeb Russell all very talented students from Toni & Guys Hairdressing Academy.


















Off to the side of this exhibit was the restroom that was also covered in art work people had done just to make the restroom more colorful.








And that was Only the top floor even the hallway down to the second floor was covered in art























I was starting to fall in love with this place <3 <3 <3. On the second floor were more artists showing their work.


I meet a art teacher her name was Dulcinea Rattet ( Love her name by the way so not your normal name ) who had work displayed in a room with another artist Aaron Brick (yes he is one of the Toni & Guys Students) and here are some images of their work as well as an images of Madam Rattet next to one of her paintings I thought the colors brought out her beautiful face...what do you think?


The next room I went into belonged to Ciara Sana her work was beautiful and elegant I wanted to ask her if she did commissions for work but, then I thought better...lol...here are some images of her work (and yes she did some of the work up stairs too)



The next thing I saw was a quilt and all I could say when I saw it was "Oh...it reminds me of my mother" but the quilt won best show at the Lynden Fairgrounds and the ladies that where there also informed me that the quilt was being raffled off that same night (Good luck to everyone who entered to win it) but here is an image of this beautiful creation

The room behind the quilt belonged to Kyle Thompson his work was different from what I saw every where else he had art that was on what looked like skate boards broken and hole, he also had beautiful art work of different people in different posses done in charcoal...here is his work for you guys to take a look at












Then there where three other rooms but the artist were not there to show off their work but one of those three caught my eye...why? you ask...because of his stickers that's why!!! his name is Corel Urlacher he dose Mixed Media Sculpture & Altars so if you want to see his work follow the links at the end of the blog ;)


And then I went  outside to find that the bike rake was also covered in artwork thought all my viewers who ride bikes would like to see that too 






After I was done there as I walked out of the gallery I was assaulted by the Bellingham Nude Bike Ride! which I am glade I got to see...sorry guys that is something I am not going to post about here not with out permission from the event cordenaters...if you want to see that your going to come to up, down or whatever to see the Bellingham Washington Nude Bike Ride.
The next place I adventured too was the Allied Art Gallery here they had three different artists sadly the only name I was able to get was Yvette Neumann here is her art work





And here are some of the other artist work even though I could not get their names...there where a lot of people here talking to them and all their booklets where gone too lol

















The next place I went was The Dakota Art Gallery where they had lots of beautiful paintings...I was not able to get any of the names of the artists and because their was so many people I was only able to get a picture of the sign...lol...so here it is

Then I just walked around my town taking pictures of all the artists that made thier own displays out on the street using what every they had and some of the art that already lived and thrived in Bellingham, here are some of those images













This talented young man makes the most beautiful jewlery I have seen if your ever in Bellingham you can find him at the Farmers Market 




Even our local eateries and coffee shops get into it like Man Pies and Woods Coffee
















Well Ladies and gents this is the end of the blog now here are those links I told you about and I hope this inspires you to go out in your City, Town and/or Neighborhood and find the beauty where you live

Oh!!!! I almost forgot...here come out and see

For more information go to the link below

No comments:

2020 Sucked!!!!

 Hey everyone I am sorry I have not been on here in a long time. But I have been dealing with real life things and still am but I thought I ...